Interpretation and Definitions
- The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for the User to access ICHS website or parts of ICHS website.
- Organization (referred to as either "the Organization", “ICHS”, "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to the International Congress for Health Specialties (ICHS), headquartered at 2 Cedar House, Chandlers Way, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 5SE, London, United Kingdom.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on the User’s computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of User browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access ICHS website such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Organization. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Organization to facilitate ICHS website, to provide ICHS website on behalf of the Organization, to perform services related to ICHS website or to assist the Organization in analysing how ICHS website is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of ICHS website or from ICHS website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to "International Congress for Health Specialties (ICHS)", accessible from https://ichs.uk/
- You mean User, individual accessing or using ICHS website, or the an organization/company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using ICHS website, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
- Types of Data Collected
While using ICHS website, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name and contact details (including email address and mobile number);
- Education and professional information;
- Registration and participation in ICHS events and activities;
- Subscription preferences;
- Location information;
- Other information you upload or provide to us;
- Usage Data.
- While using ICHS website, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Usage Data is collected automatically when using ICHS website.
- Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- When You access ICHS website by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit ICHS website or when You access ICHS website by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Cookies or Browser Cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on Your Device. You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some services on ICHS website.
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
- We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
- Type: Session Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Organization may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To process transactions. ICHS uses Personal Data such as name, physical address, phone number, email address, and organization/institution to engage in interactions with you, including contacting you about the ICHS services requested by You, donation, subscription, event participation, or membership. We use payment information to process your requests to complete the transaction
- To provide and maintain ICHS website, including to monitor the usage of ICHS website.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of ICHS website. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of ICHS website that are available to You as a registered user.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to relevant ICHS benefits, programs, and opportunities available to you, through your membership with ICHS.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other services and events including but not limited to CME/CPD activity, programme, session, lecture or international conference which We host or recognized and accredited by ICHS that are relevant to Your profession, speciality or subspecialty unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us and provide You with the necessary support.
- To consider you for an ICHS award: ICHS may use personal information such as your name, education, work history, and volunteer activities to consider you for an ICHS award. ICHS may need to share this information with your nominators, references, judges, and other parties involved in evaluating your eligibility.
- To include you in ICHS Member Directories: If you are an active member of ICHS, at your request, we may include your information in ICHS Member Directory, and, if applicable, the Fellows Directory
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our website, services, programmes, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to facilitate the use of the Website, perform services related to the Website, and/or assist ICHS in monitoring and analysing how the Website is used.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain services or promotions such as the organizers of an international conference accredited and recognized by ICHS to provide you, if eligible, with special discounted Registration Fees.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
- The Organization will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of ICHS website, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
- Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Organization's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but please be informed that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data. We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Under certain circumstances, the Organization may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Organization may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- 1. Comply with a legal obligation;
- 2. Protect and defend the rights or property of the Organization;
- 3. Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with ICHS website;
- 4. Protect the personal safety of Users of ICHS website or the public;
- 5. Protect against legal liability.
Security of Your Personal Data
*Compliance with all applicable data protection laws is of the utmost importance, this also includes the European General Data Protection Regulation of May 2019 (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the GDPR). Where shared Personal Data that constitutes EU Personal Data is transferred by the Organization in a location outside of the European Economic Area “EEA”, the Organization shall comply with its obligations pursuant to Chapter 3 of the GDPR (Rights of the data subject) and Part V of the PDPA (Access to and Correction of Personal Data)."
- ICHS website does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
- If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
- We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- 1. By visiting this page on our website: https://ichs.uk/contact/